vrijdag 25 februari 2011

This comes from Simon Leng's book and is too darn funny.

It's where George was on tour with Delaney, Bonnie & Friends, 1969.



Besides learning how to play slide guitar from Dave Mason and Delaney Bramlett there was time for Rock & Roll games and for George to let his hair hang down and live up to his prankster reputation.

His victim, Delaney Bramlett explains;

We were in this pub, the bar was all locked up with the grille. George said "I'll just break it, we'll just pay for the trouble'

The cops came in and called the landlord. He just laughed and said "Let them have it, as long as they pay for it". So we had a party, Tony Ashton was playing piano and we were singing, running in circles and throwing pies, you know, food fights. It was the damnedest thing you've ever seen.

George's security guy came in and said "It's time to go". I was heading for the door when George said "Wait a second, I think you got something on your pants".

So I turned around and then he tore my pants off my body.

I didn't have any underwear on, I was naked as a jaybird. They all set off running and laughing, jumped on the bus and took off.

I was running up the street after them, naked.

George stuck his head out the bus window shouting "You'll never catch us".

I finally caught them and jumped on and just as I caught them, the bus stopped at the hotel. The good times George remembered from the Beatles early days had returned and he liked being part of a tight-knit group of friends.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten